Since I wrote a bucket list for sisters, I thought ‘why not do a summer bucket list’ because obviously, it’s summer and some of you might be out of ideas for having fun on such an awesomely-hot-weather.
Before listing some of the things you could do, if you see something that you’ve already done the last summer or the summer before that or summers ago, why not do it again with different people this time? It would be fun, different and hell, different memories is all that matters, right?
- I definitely want to do this sometime. Host a bonfire party at the BEACH! It’s always exciting to go in large groups—be it friends or family—and just sit in a BIG circle around the fire and talk and sing and eat s’mores. Also, at times like this, we tend to get emotional and occasionally, it’s not bad to let our feelings to our closet. Let them know your true emotions so that they can know you better.
- Go on a vacation but there’s a catch to it. Don’t use your phone. Keep it only for emergencies but cut off all relations with your social buddies and just enjoy some peace of mind. Don’t let technology avert you from the beauty of nature. (Tweet that, it’s my own quote, lol)
- Or if you don’t want to go on a vacation because you already went last month, then why not try taking a cooking class and learning some new recipes? At least you can feed it to your baby brother or sister and cooking is an art that take your stress away. Trust me. Plus, you can add that ‘chef’ in your bio if you think you’re too good already *winks*
- Go to an outdoor music festival. I always add this in my list because I think it’s the most refreshing thing to do. I mean yeah, it could get a little sweaty but when everyone’s enjoying you don’t care about perspiration, you just enjoy the beats, the kicks and just let go.
- Take a weekend off from your work, writing, blogging, dancing, singing and go on a road trip in an open jeep or truck or whatever you find pleasure in. Maybe camp out somewhere nice and once more, it’s the people and memories that matter, not the place.
- Dip dye your hair with a color that defines the true you. It’s summer, man. No rules.
- Go to a drive-in movie! And speaking of drive-in movie, I do have to say, #Riverdale is an awesome #Netflix series to watch this summer. It’s mysterious and it’s Archie, so why not?
- Try some new restaurants that you thought you wanted to go to but didn’t have the time to. It’s also a good way to spend time with your beloved haha.
- This might be boring, but why not try playing with your hair? If you love braiding your hair then try some new hairstyles and blog about it so that your hairstyle becomes the “trend” of the year.
- Don’t forget to buy a retro style bathing suit because it’s chic.
- Oh, and before doing all those things above, make a summer playlist so that you won’t have to be clumsy when someone yells, “play some damn good music!”
- Go on a picnic maybe? Nah, too cliche? Not your type? Then spend a day at the water-park!!!!!
- Call your friends, whoever they may be—bullies, cowards, nerds, jerks—and have a water gun fight. Take out all the anger, frustration and get that beast out of that petty cage! Go #hardcore girl!
- This is a must. Watch the sunrise at the beach. It’s romantic, filled with feels and it’s good to capture a moment like that. If you have already done this then do it again because sunrises are always different.
- You could also host a family game night! I know some of you would think it’s boring but believe me, it’s a lot more fun than you thought it would be. I won’t say the details, experience it yourself and perhaps, share it with me sometime if you want it.
- If you have a clean, large, grassy patched backyard, then why not sleep under the stars?
- Go bowling. It’s a must-do. I love bowling and it’s so competitive but not to mention, annoying when you can’t hit a strike after five or six rounds already.
- You can learn to surf. Plus, when a girl surfs in a retro bathing suit, the boys always go ‘woo’.
- Just Explore.
- There are so many more things to do but you know what, this one’s a little less tiring than going to a game of baseball and less boring than just napping on a hammock…It’s Falling in love. Fall in love and your summer will be the best summer ever.
I hope you guys enjoy your summer because there’s still time for it to come to an end. There’s still time for you to make Polaroid memories and there’s still time for you to find your soul mate.
“Summer’s all about passion.”
Have fun and enjoy!
I’m your Writer Next Door.