Who doesn’t want to take a break? We all need that deep sigh, that moment when we breathe in deeply and exhale softly. That moment when we forget that we have a pile of work/homework to finish.
Some people don’t know how to take a break so they end up stressing themselves even more. It’s not right for your mind or body because us human beings need to have a calm and relaxed mind to get work done.
So in today’s post I am going to tell you 10 ways you can relax after a long and a hard day.
- Pray. It really helps. It will help take your mind off unnecessary things and will help you feel better.
- Have a cup of coffee/tea.
- Watch a movie at a theatre. Have a large bucket of buttered or caramel and cheese popcorn for yourself!
- Draw. Doodle. Scribble.
- Play games. Not on your phone but on your gaming console! Keep your phone aside, okay? Because you don’t want your friends messages distracting you while you’re trying to shoot your freaking opponent!
- Take a nap. Yep, a nap definitely sounds good.
- Buy jigsaw puzzles. I heard that it’s a great way to help you relieve stress.
- Go shopping. Buy a small gift for yourself. Make yourself happy.
- Go for a drive. I do this all the time because fresh air is what makes me feel good after long hours of writing in my dark room.
- Light perfumed candles.
- Eat junk. Sometimes junk food is good for your mind, body and soul.
- If you have any pets, then play with them! They will surely make you feel alive again.
- Read a good book.
- Write in your journal. Pour your thoughts out. Write your dreams, goals and successes.
- Dance the night away! Who said you need to be a great dancer like Kim Jongin to actually get up and shake that butt? Nope, that’s a myth because like my favorite fitness trainer, Keaira Lashae quoted, ‘If you can move, you can dance!’
- Read beneficial articles.
- Gaze at the stars because they are beautiful and honestly, you’ll feel relaxed in no time. If you want, grab your boyfriend or friend or spouse or whoever and look at the stars with them.
- Last but not the least, take a hot bath. Hot baths help release the tension in your body and loosens the muscles. It’s also a great way to ponder upon the good things you have and to strive to achieve further greatness. After all, good things always start with a good thought.
These are some ways I use to relax and I recommend them to you as well. I hope this post was helpful and I pray that you guys have a great day. Forget all the bad things. Be optimistic. Be positive and all your stresses will feel as if they are just gums you have to chew and then throw away.
See you in my next post~
I’M THE WRITER NEXT DOOR!